Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What is our vocation?

Mary's Assumption by Rubens


The past few days have been a reminder to me of what a true vocation is all about.

I attended the funeral mass of a husband and wife who died 48 hours apart. They were devoted to each other and their family for over 50 years - it was a true vocation. Their calling was to be a married couple. May they rest in peace.

We are all called to a vocation in life (be it married, religious/priesthood or single), but we must listen to the call of God and try to be true to it.

Vocation is a calling and we should answer this call just as the Virgin Mary did when the Angel appeared to her and told her that she would be the Mother of Jesus. How many of us listen with an open mind, an open heart and an open will to this call and follow Mary's example?

I will celebrate 24 years in religious life on the 15th August, the Feast of the Assumption, and I want to thank God and His Blessed Mother for giving me the strength and courage to continue with my vocation.

Our Lady of the Presentation, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment