Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day

An idealised image of the great St Patrick

Happy St Patrick's Day to all the readers of this blog. You are to be found in Asia, Africa, Oceania, Latin America, North America, the Middle East and Europe!

I am in England these days so if that's your neck of the woods and if you're interested in discerning a religious vocation, give me a shout and let's see if we can meet for coffee.

For those who might not have seen it before, here is the most famous verse of the prayer, "St Patrick's Breastplate"

Christ with me,

Christ before me,

Christ behind me,

Christ in me,

Christ beneath me,

Christ above me,

Christ on my right,

Christ on my left,

Christ when I lie down,

Christ when I sit down,

Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,

Christ in the eye that sees me,

Christ in the ear that hears me.

No comments:

Post a Comment